Dec 4, 1500Z to 1900Z, KG4ARC, Atlanta, GA. Clara Barton Birthday Special Event Station sponsored by Atlanta Radio Club and Atlanta Chapter of American Red Cross. December 2021 is the 200th birthday of Clara Barton, Founder of American Red Cross. The multi-op team will be transmitting on 3925, 7250, 14250 and 21280, plus or minus, as well as local repeaters W4DOC & KC4AQS, and D-Star 30B. A very nice bi-fold qsl card will be available. See Red Cross Special Event – Atlanta Radio Club for information and updates
Our own Daron Wilson N7HQR presents to the RATPAC group (link below):
Thursday November 11 – RATPAC Zoom Presentation Starts 10:00 PM AST / 9:00 PM EST / 8:00 PM CST / 7:00 PM MST / 6:00 PM PST / 5:00 PM AKST / 4:00 PM HST
TOPIC: Oregon ACES programSpeakers/Presenters: Daron Wilson, N7HQR and Scott Honaker, N7SS
- This meeting will be recorded. By participating you consent to being recorded.
- Please change your display name to Your First Name, Call Sign and Location, e.g. Dan K7REX Idaho.
- Please stay muted until ready to speak. Your space bar works like a PTT for unmuting
- You may ask questions in chat; please stay on topic while using chat.
▬ NOTE: Thursday’s Zoom presentations use the same link and passcode weekly. ► You could put a shortcut with the link on you desktop for convenience.
Please Join THURSDAY’s Zoom Meeting
Join Wednesday Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 212 888 4758
More info on RATPAC: RATPAC (google.com)
YouTube Channel- www.youtube.com/c/RATPAC
Due to Daron’s work schedule, the November Wilson’s Wednesday Workshop will be on Nov. 10, rather than Nov. 3. Go to the Regular Club Activities tab for the link.
Last month we dabbled in network connectivity and the HSMM Broadband system, this month we’ll be looking at the HAMWAN system, and the AREDN system, both of which use high speed microwave connectivity for voice and data.
You may renew your license within 45 days prior to its expiration date. Currently there is no fee required to renew your license, though a $35 fee will be implemented in the near future. Once your license expires, you may not legally operate (transmit), though here is a 2 year grace period during which you may renew your license without being required to retest, and retaining your all sign.
- Under “Filing” heading, click on “File Online”
- Enter FRN and password
- Your FRN is on your license, or
- Click on “Check your license” and
- Search by your call sign
- If you don’t have an account set up …
- On the left, under “My Licenses,” click on “Renew Licenses”
Key FCC links:
Wednesday Coffee & Pie is currently in-person at the Chalet at 2:00 pm each Wednesday. Should in-person meetings be suspended, the Zoom option will be reinstated. https://bit.ly/coffee-pie Zoom link may be made available on request.
The Zoom Master will be out of internet range on Friday August 20, so no “Other” Group Zoom meeting will occur that morning, at least not one hosted by himself. Have a great week; I will be getting some much needed R&R.
Our array of Friday morning meetings has been rearranged. The 1st Friday will be for regularly scheduled meetings of the LCARC Board. The 2nd Friday will combine the D-star and Yaesu Fusion meetings into a Digital Voice meeting, including DMR if there is interest. We have the flexibility to set up breakout rooms to have separate meetings at the same time, as necessary. The 3rd Friday will be the “Other” meeting, incorporating Packet, other digital modes, or most anything of interest. On the 4th Friday, the “Zoom Master” hosts a GMRS meeting. This one is not a Club event (since it’s not Amateur Radio), but anyone with an interest is welcome.
All these meetings take place at 10:00 am. the comprehensive list with links is below:
- LCARC Board: 1st Friday at 10:00 am
- Meeting ID: 830 9735 1295
- Digital Voice Modes: 2nd Friday at 10:00 am:
- D-star, Yaesu System Fusion, or DMR, using breakout rooms as needed
- Meeting ID: 853 9369 26
- Other Group: 3rd Friday at 10:00 am
- Packet, digital & you-name-it
- Meeting ID: 847 2851 9386
- GMRS Group: 4th Friday at 10:00 am
- Meeting ID: 816 3502 7759
Wednesday Coffee & Pie is now meeting in-person at the Chalet at 2:00 pm each Wednesday. A Zoom option will be available as we are able (make contact in advance to make sure), with the usual link: